The Parent/Student Handbook is provided as a resource and a blueprint to ensure mutual understanding, cooperation, and acceptance of the values and expectations of the Turning Point Academy School Community. It is essential that all parents/guardians read the Handbook in its entirety and ensure that the guidelines and expectations are also understood by the children in their care.
For your convenience, the tabbed list below contains summaries of selected topics of note from the Handbook.
- School hours are 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- The doors open at 7:45 a.m. each day.
- Instruction starts promptly at 8:15 a.m.
- Students should arrive by 8:00 in order to have enough time to get to their classroom, unpack, and prepare for the upcoming day.
- Students who arrive at or after 8:15 a.m. are considered tardy. They must be signed in by an adult.
- Any adult entering the building must have identification.
The Family Life Center (FLC), a critical part of our school’s mission, uses activities such as off-site retreats, monthly parent discovery group meetings, parent weekends, and workshops, to bring students and parents together to focus on their personal growth. The FLC coordinator assists parents, students, and teachers as we work together to help our students reach their unique potential. For upcoming scheduled FLC events, go here.
Currently, our Document Library is divided into three categories or sections. The “General” category holds published documents, forms, notes, and articles that are unique to our school for our parents, students, and community. Our "Back to School" category contains supply lists, grade specific notes, and health forms. The final category is the "Board of Directors" section which provides general documents, meeting agendas, and meeting minutes.
A successful school needs the services of its parents and the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is a vital part of our school. We encourage parents to become active PTO members.
For more information, see our PTO page here.